Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Wordful Wednesday: A Part of our Nightly Rountine!

This little guy from my childhood has been playing music to our babies each night before bed. I have read so much information about how much babies can hear and how much playing music can do for them in the womb and growing up, so I thought I had to do something to get these little girls moving (not that they don't move enough already), and listening to music.



I wonder if they'll love Country music like their Momma and Daddy!? Will they love Kenny Chesney, Rascal Flatts, Sugarland, Lady Antebellum, Rodney Atkins, Jason Aldean and Brad Paisley? They will have no choice really!

I wonder if they'll love to dance and want to do ballet and tap like their Momma did? Or be a cheerleader or pom like their Momma and Auntie? I just hope they love to dance and have a good time and not worry what others are thinking.

Will they sing as loud as they can in the car and not care who's looking? I hope so and I am going to do everything I can to make sure of it!

Or will they play an instrument themselves, the piano or the flute, maybe the clarinet...I will be pushing for the flute, since again, their Momma played for so long (and still does) because playing an instrument and reading music uses a part of the brain that not many people use, plus I would just love to listen to them playing the flute, and play along with me. I would be so proud to see them in an orchestra, something so close to my heart, something that I always enjoyed, no matter what people thought.

But for now, this little guy has been getting the girls moving every night, and I love feeling them kick and dance around when the music is playing! Hopefully it will sooth and calm them once they arrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment