Tim couldn't make my appointment today, which was fine because instead I had my best friend tag along with me! We didn't have to wait very long at all this time and since I was the last appointment of the morning, I got some extra time with Dr. Stillman, my favorite ultrasound nurse and the exit nurse. Yes, I said exit nurse; meaning, this was my last appointment with SGFC! Kinda bittersweet.
Anyway, the ultrasound nurse (this was the first time I had seen her since I was pregnant, she did so many of my follicle counts over the past year, I couldn't even count how many, she is just so sweet) and Dr. Stillman looked at the babies for over twenty minutes! They took so many photos, measurements and everything else they gotta do. I guess it takes a little longer since there's three of them!! :) I got a little nervous at first because it was really hard to see the twins, it looked like only one heartbeat, but unlike last time where they were on separate sides of the sac, now they are like on top of one another. It was so cute. They looked like little pac-mans just going back and forth at one another. Like they were jabbering it up...so it must be two little girls!! So cute! All of them are measuring perfectly and right on time for 7w2d. I loved looking at them so so long, it's just simply amazing!
| The twins are on the left side, right next to one another and the singleton is on the right. |
Kim took some photos of Dr. Stillman and I, which he made me promise that I come back and have a photo with my mom and the babies too! He has proven his success through the generations in my family! We are forever grateful! I am so glad that I got the chance to know the man who helped create me and my babies will have the same story!
Today, I feel pretty good. I only needed one nausea pill the whole day, which is lovely! I managed to eat my whole lunch at Panera (thank you Kim for treating me!!!) and keep it down! I know it's only one day, but one day of not much nausea and free of vomiting is a wonderful day in my book!
We then decided to head over to Great Beginnings and just walk around and look at all the baby stuff. When I asked the guy if they had a triplet stroller, just so I could freak-out at the sight of it, he said they don't carry them and then proceeded to ask Kim and I hundred times if I was really carrying triplets. We continued to explain that I am but he didn't ever believe us, I think. I found it kinda interesting that we could only find men working there, and they knew everything there was to know about everything baby related. Interesting to say the least. They laughed when I told them that my husband wants to only have one crib and just put dividers in it, they said he was a typical male. Indeed, got to love his creative thinking but no worries, we will be getting three cribs! Safety first.
So my next ultrasound is next Thursday at the new place, Maternal Fetal Medicine. We will see, but I do like that they have the highest-rated technology around since the specialize in high risk and multiples. Hopefully they will be nice!
No comments:
Post a Comment