Wednesday, July 7, 2010

8 Weeks!

Every week so far, I say, I am going to post this post on Tuesday, which is the day of my actual "week" milestones, but so far, I cannot seem to do it. So Wednesday's seem to be the day, even though it's not exact, which bugs the crap out of me. However,  I promise I will get better with this.

How Far Along: 8 Weeks

How Big are the Babies: They are each the size of raspberries, about .63 inches! Your babies are growing like mad, putting on about a millimeter every day and continuing to straighten out in the trunk. Though you can't feel it yet, they are moving those little arms, legs and (now only slightly) webbed fingers and toes like crazy. (thebump.com).


Weight Gain: Still 126; my starting weight.

Symptoms: Nausea, vomiting, sore boobies, thirsty, CONSTIPATION, headaches, hunger followed by, "I don't want this, why did I think I did???? Get it away from me before I vomit!" It's a lovely pattern!


Emotions: Oh gosh, it's something different everyday. I go from, HOLY COW, I'm having triplets, to, I need three of everything...I can't just see a cute outfit and buy it, I have to make sure they have three and by that time it's too expensive...poop, that sucks! :( There are so many feelings I am going through, it would take a whole other blog...but that's why I have a journal.

Something Funny That Happened: Yesterday, I took the not-so little boys that I nannied all through college to the pool and the oldest, Niko (almost 10) said, "when my mom told me you were having three babies, I said, whahoo, here comes my babysitting career!" I almost died. It was so funny! This was followed by him and his younger brother, Michael, listing all the things that they were going to teach them if the babies are all boys...how to ride a dirt bike is number one, followed by how to hunt, how to fish, and how to be nice to girls and treat them like butterflies. I LOVE those boys so much.


Best moment of the Week: Seeing those heartbeats again...that will never going to get old!

Movement: None...just constant stretching, cramping and pulling sensations. I guess I better get used to that.


Maternity Clothes: Yes, yes, and yes...I guess I will be from now on.


Stretchmarks: None yet! :) But do they sell Maderma or whatever I'm suppose to use at Costco, like in a 10 gallon bucket????? (haven't made it to Costco yet)


Sleep: Back and forth. Some nights are good, some aren't. But the days that I don't take naps, I am B E Y O N D exhausted!!!! And the dreams are so crazy!


Food cravings: More like food adversions....hmm...everything. I was making tuna last Friday evening to take for a picnic to softball and then fed the dog in the middle of making it, the two smells in the kitchen together, I was puking for a good 30 minutes. Horrible. The best way to eat right now for me is to, 1. not fix it myself and stay away from the kitchen, 2. get it all ready prepared at the moment I am craving it and 3. eat it quickly. Yesterday I couldn't eat anything, couldn't stomach the thought of anything, but then when Niko offered me his bacon cheeseburger from Wendy's right before we went to the pool, oh man, that thing was delicious!!!!!! So, it all just depends.


Gender Predictions: I know it's going to be two girls and a boy. Tim still says "all boys"... but if it's all boys, I think I will cry. I need a little girl!!


What I Miss: Only one thing still, but that's left for the imagination. ;) Going to ask the OB about this tomorrow, it's Tim's only question, haha!


What I'm Looking Forward To: Meeting the new OB, seeing the heartbeats again and seeing how big the babies are......going to the cabin this weekend with my best friend and going on vacation in less than two weeks!


Weekly Wisdom: Eat whatever sounds good at that moment.

Milestone: Every week that goes by, pregnant with triplets, is a milestone!!

Question(s): Even with triplets, it's ok to want some new stuff right? I mean if this is my only pregnancy and these will be my only babies, I want them (for example) in beautiful brand new cribs. Doesn't mean that I won't get them at Target, I just want them to have their own, and plus I'm OCD and can't stand the thought of three different looking cribs in one room! Just WILL NOT do it. I picture myself coming into the room everyday and cringing at the sight of un-matching items. I cannot have that.

Here's my baby bump photo of the week...looks like in the coming weeks, I'm going to be really starting to expand quickly.

4 comments:

  1. LOOKING AWESOME!!!!!!!

    Someone posted this crib on my BBC birth board the other day and I thought of you, since I know you need 3!!! http://www.walmart.com/ip/14544997

    It comes in other finishes too.

    With triplets, you'll be a celebrity :) I'm sure you will be SHOWERED with tons of stuff for your babies! People know the financial strain that comes with having a baby, much less THREE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes get convertible cribs so you're not stuck buying 3 toddler beds in the blink of an eye! They grow so fast! You'll have matching stuff- put it all on a registry and then watch with joy as it all gets bought! You're not going to have to spend a dime- don't worry about it! Start a registry online if you don't feel up to going to the store. I made both of my baby registries online- didn't have the energy to actually go to Target... and there's a better selection online anyways! This is all SO VERY exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO excited for the ultrasound with your new OB tomorrow!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are looking great! And as for the thing you miss...my OB said 12 weeks. But maybe you will get the clear sooner than that. Are you already seeing an OB or are you still at the RE office?

    ReplyDelete