Wednesday, June 30, 2010

7 Weeks!

Wow, where do I begin with this post??? Last week, kinda ironic how I wrote "maybe there are two babies in my tummy", and not only are there two, but there's 3!!!! I cannot believe I am having TRIPLETS. I know that sentence will get old to so many of you, but it is what I am going through right now, and will be for a long time. It's unbelievable to us. So many emotions we are going through. I have actually started a journal just to write down all of my thoughts and feelings and to document everything (more than the blog itself).

How Far Along: 7 Weeks



How Big are the Babies: The babies are now the size of blueberries (.51 inches)! Their brains -- both hemispheres! -- are growing fast, generating about one hundred new cells every minute. Arms and legs are emerging as joints start to form, and a permanent set of kidneys (baby's third!) is now in place (thebump.com).

Weight Gain: Still 126; my starting weight.

Symptoms: Nausea, vomiting, sore boobies, thirsty, headaches, very tired (at night I'm sleeping a good 13 hours!!!!) and a few others but I rather not say.


Emotions: Nervous, scared and miserable from puking non-stop. I can't stop looking at other women's blogs and stories of triplets, one way it freaks me out (the size of their belly and what they look like after a few months---HOLY CRAP, my great body will be gone) but other ways it's good to know there are others out there who have survived!!!


Something Funny That Happened: Telling everyone that we are going to have triplets! Everyone couldn't believe what they heard. Tim's mom called me right after Tim told her and said, "Please tell me my son is lying to me," I said, "I'm afraid not"!!!!!!!!!! I think you could hear my mom and my sister's screams all throughout the neighborhood. My dad, who was at work, was just in shock and apparently our news was the "going thing" around Lockheed for the next few days!! Everyone is so excited for my dad and Tim.


Best moment of the Week: Seeing THREE perfect heartbeats in my belly and watching Tim's eyes pop out of his head and almost fall out of the chair. I will never forget that. Oh and having Kim (my bff) come over and help me already start the baby transformations!!!!

Movement: None


Maternity Clothes: Yes, yes, and yes...I guess I will be from now on. Thank you to the 3 women who had a wonderful yard-sale on Friday in Urbana and selling all their name-brand maternity clothes for a $1!!! I thank you from the bottom of my heart (and so does my wallet)!


Stretchmarks: None yet! :) But do they sell Maderma or whatever I'm suppose to use at Costco, like in a 10 gallon bucket?????

Sleep: Sleeping wonderfully, waking up to use the bathroom but sleeping until late morning with no problem. So not like me!!! I MUST wear a sports bra at bed-time too. Oh and dreaming like crazy!!!!

Food cravings: I dream about food all night long, and the thought of it once I wake up is devastating. I dream of cupcakes and then say I'm going to make cupcakes, and the thought of that is enough to make me vomit. So, no cravings this week, just ice, ice-cold water and ginger-ale. However, I have eaten Italian food every day, sometimes twice a day for the past 4 days...but that's not too abnormal for me, I LOVE PASTA.


Gender Predictions: I know it's going to be two girls and a boy. Tim still says "all boys"... but if it's all boys, I think I will cry. I need a little girl!!


What I Miss: Only one thing still, but that's left for the imagination. ;)

What I'm Looking Forward To: My second trimester, so I can feel better. Sonogram this Thursday which is my last at SGFC, so that's kinda bitter sweet. Off to Maternal Fetal Medicine...who specialize in high risk and multiple pregnancies...who knew I would be one of those!!!


Weekly Wisdom: I have a WHOLE NEW APPROACH when someone says a 2% chance of something happening or a 98% chance of something NOT happening!!!!!


Milestone: Umm, having two embryos put in and getting three babies! WOW, that is a milestone!

Question(s): None, this week! :) Thanks to Chantelle and Melissa for some helpful advice on the morning all-day sickness. I don't think I would be able to make it without you two!!!! 


So, on to the photo...bloating has gone down, now I'm just growing!!! I only took one because I didn't have any make-up on, so I didn't want to scare anyone! :)


1 comment:

  1. AWWW Holly! I love reading these updates :) Going thru baby stuff the other day was so much fun... Can't wait to go with you for your sonogram tomorrow!! AHH so excited for babies! LOL <3

    ReplyDelete