Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pregnancy #3, Baby #5: 30-31 WEEKS!

Today, April 11, 2013, I went to the OB. I am 31 weeks.

Weight: 150lbs...EKK! I remember hitting that number with the girls and thinking I will never ever be 150lbs unless I am pregnant (little did I know I was going to be just a few lbs shy of 200lbs on the day I delivered them.....SCARY!!!!!!!)! So, that's only 18-20lbs gained so far. Not too bad!

Heartbeat was clear. I never get tired of hearing that sweet sound.

Had another pap smear to check for cancer. This is the second to the last one I will have before this pregnancy is over. Hoping it stayed the same as last time, although if anything has changed and I have to deliver, it will be less scarier now delivering at around 33/34 weeks than it was before at 26 weeks! I will know the results in two weeks...wait, wait, wait! Hoping and praying it's all still non-cancerous!

AND....looks like I will be scheduling a VBAC (hopefully) induction for June 5th/6th. Super, super happy about that! I will be 39w1-2d at that point so everything should be perfect, unless I go into labor on my own before then. We have a VERY busy middle and end of June with trips/family visiting and such, so an early June delivery is what I am hoping for. So in the middle of May we can fully schedule it with the hospital, but that's what my OB said would be best. He is eager to deliver her as soon as she can because the sooner we do, the sooner I can have the hysterectomy. Think, 2 more months of pregnancy and then 2-2.5 months of healing before surgery, so it's really almost 4-6 months to go with hoping it doesn't one day decide to change to cancer! We got to get Anna here healthy and safe and just go from there on step two.

Anyway....

Belly button is definitely out now. It's lovely. I feel like by the end of the day my belly is going to just pop, even though I really don't feel that big yet.

AK moves all the time. She is very, very active. I feel most of the kicks, rolls, movement in the top region of my belly (belly button and above to the right and left).

Feeling very tired and weak. I walk up the stairs and I feel like I am going to just collapse. No lie, my heart beats like it's going to explode. I have no stamina at all, which is weird considering how much running around I do. {Note: that is NOT actual running..that I don't do.} My body aches by the end of the day and honestly feels like jello by the time I get into bed! I guess when I was pregnant with Emily, the girls weren't really walking and therefore couldn't run from me so quickly, so it was a lot easier (I didn't think so then though). They also couldn't talk back, have opinions and sure weighed less. Now, it's running after them from beating each other, telling me "no" and picking up one of them hurts my back and hips. It's definitely way more tiring this time around having "older" kids....but don't get me wrong the second most challenging time in my life (1st was NICU) was when I was puking a hundred times a day while trying to care for three 6.5 month olds! So, I'll take tiredness over that any day!


Still craving pretty much anything. Especially if I don't have it. I've been craving onion rings for weeks and haven't had any yet. Still eating a lot of sweets.

Heartburn is still there but I have managed it better with taking the anti-acid twice a day, not just once.

Here are re-cap photos, because I haven't done this once this pregnancy.

31 Weeks with the triplets, 29 Weeks with Emily and now 31 Weeks with Anna-Kate:






I go back in two weeks for another check/pap results and then again in two weeks from there, providing nothing comes back as cancer.

3 comments:

  1. This is my seventh pregnancy but fifth baby (I've had two losses). I can testify to the breathlessness and feeling like your heart is racing!!! I'm 31 weeks tomorrow. Does your pubic bone also feel like it's being cracked in half if you move certain ways?! Definitely much harder being pregnant with little ones running around to chase after. I'm just TIRED all the time. It's all I can think about and talk about.

    Of course that's never to say I take pregnancy for granted. Sometimes ya just need to vent or just want to write it down for memory's sake.

    Praying that your pap results haven't gotten worse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! Love the new hair! keeping you in my prayers for a safe and healthy delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I though your triplet picture was going to be you now! You look great with each pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete