Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A Letter to my Sister

Dear Megan, 

Today you leave to go back home to New Mexico. You've been here since the end of August, and gosh, did the time just fly by. I remember when you said you would be here until April, and I thought that would be so long and I was so happy. However, it wasn't that long. The time honestly flew by. And I am really sad you're leaving.

You left the week after we got married in May 2009. We said good-by to you the day before we left for our honeymoon in Aruba. And although you've been back a few times a year for a week or so, it's not the same as having you actually live and work here. So in the four years we've been married and had children, this is the longest that I have spent with you, while married to your brother, and the girls have spent with you, as their Auntie.

You've made it such a priority to spend a lot of time with us and it's nice that we are only five minutes away from you. You have come over on nights after you've worked all day and helped out with the girls and it is so appreciated. Thank you for watching them so many times so I could do stuff and run errands, that was always so appreciated. Thank you so much for all the help. Thank you for taking the girls each on little trips with you. There are only a handful of people I trust with them, and you are one of them. Thank you for making them feel special. Thank you for buying them stuff and spoiling them. You are a wonderful Aunt and they are so lucky to have you. 

I love hearing you and Tim talk about your childhood and I even love listening to you guys bicker back and forth as loving brother and sister. I know you love your brother and he sure loves you. He would do anything for you or I, no matter what, but still he will always give the both of us a hard time. It's just those little things that I am surely going to miss.

I am going to miss just hanging out with you. Going places. Shopping. Eating out. Staying up late talking about pregnancies and babies, and all those things the books don't tell you! We both love to cook, and I loved our meal planning during football season each Sunday, and each holiday that has come while you have been here. I have tears in my eyes just thinking about it all. Thanks for all the Starbucks coffees too! I loved the time we spent with Mom, just the three of us, or all of us with the little girls too. I loved our trip to PA in December and even though we stayed up waaay too late talking, it was fun...but 5am came way to quick for cookie making! I'll cherish those times we've had just the two of us. I hope we can have many more times together, and with our families. 

I have really enjoyed my time with you; my sister. I don't consider you my sister-in-law, we are sisters. Hands down, no matter what. After all, if it wasn't for you, I would have never met Tim. You are the reason I have my happily ever after, and gosh am I thankful.

I loved having you here. And now that you are half way through your pregnancy with my first niece, I am going to miss you even more. I hate that we live so far away from each other, but I understand the reasons. I can't wait to spoil your sweet little one, just has you have done with all of mine. I will always be here for you, my sister, even if it's just over the phone.

Oh, Megs, I am surely going to miss you so much. We love you, we love you, we love you.

Have a safe trip home!

Lots of hugs and kisses from us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment