Tuesday, May 1, 2012

3 Months!

Emily, you are THREE MONTHS OLD as of Thursday, April 26, 2012.




I can't believe you have been here for three months, but yet I cannot remember what life was like before you were in our lives. I am so thankful for you.

You are size 2 Pampers Baby Dry Diapers.

You are wearing size 3 mos, 3-6 mos and some 6 mos. clothes. 3 mos stuff is almost too small. Please stop growing.




Your hair is still a reddish brown.

Your eyes are a greyish brown.

You probably weigh about 13 pounds at this point. You are a porker.

I still am obsessed with your little fists.

You get a bath almost everyday and love every minute of it.




I love to just hold you and take in your smell in my every breath. There is nothing better.

My absolute favorite thing this month has been your cooing and "talking". You are so sweet and love to chat with us.

You smile ALL of the time.  

You sat in your bumbo for the first time on 04.24.12n and loved it.



You are constantly looking around at everything.

You love to kick now, and your little legs never stop moving!!

You still are swaddled at night, but you have been escaping.




You gradated from your bassinet to the bassinet on the pack-n-play, but are still in our room and will be for awhile.

You sleep completely on your back. You schedule of sleep during the day is still a bit random. At night, you are going down at around 9:00PM or 10:00PM and you sleep until around 5:00AM, eat and then sleep until around 8:00AM. You have had MANY nights of sleeping through the night - as in a FULL 12 hours. Thank you, sweet girl.

During the day, you wake up at 8:00AM, eat and play, then take a little cat nap around 10:30AM, up around 11:00AM. Eat around 12:30PM and fall asleep around 1:30PM and sleep until about 5:00PM. Eat, bath, awake/playtime and then eat again and bed around 9:30PM.

You still breath very loudly.

You love your paci and Natalee tries to swipe it from you all of the time.



You are getting better at holding your head up, but you are still a little wobbly. 

You eat about every 3.5-4 hours.



This month, I stopped breastfeeding you. It just became too much to take care of your sisters and feed you. You are very demanding and bottles just became the easier option. This isn't what I wanted to do, but it is what worked for us. Please don't judge me. Not many people know what it is like to take care of three very active toddlers and a newborn by themselves. You do what you got to do, and if you have a problem with that, well then, don't read my blog, please. 

You haven't seemed to notice the difference and your spitting up has improved so much from the formula. You barely have any gas or long periods of crying like you did when you were breastfed.

You are still laid back most of the time.

You love to be held.



You love your swing and the bouncy/vibrating seat. 

You cry when your music on the swing stops. You know what you like, girlfriend and I don't blame you!

I still think you look just like me.


You eat your hands constantly and suck on your little fists.

You and I are pretty much attached still, but I have left you at home with Daddy and your sisters for a few hours.




This past weekend, you met your Aunt Megan for the first time! She loves you and your sisters so much! We went and picked her up from the airport, just you and me.

We love you so much sweet girl. You have completed our family!!

4 comments:

  1. Your girls are sooo adorable! I love these pictures of Emily. She is just precious! I just want to say I have no idea how you manage so well and make it seem easy! As a mom of triplets, I could not imagine adding a fourth even now- much less a year ago when my trio were only a year old. I think you are doing an amazing job and your girls are so blessed to have you as a mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful family you have. Happy 3 months Emily. I love her bow and onesie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such an amazing mom and don't ever let anything make you doubt it!
    Happy 3 months Emily :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty baby!! Happy 3 months! Time is flying!

    ReplyDelete