Friday, May 18, 2012

Art Time!

I have been wanting to get the girls into some simple arts and crafts. And everyday, I say, okay, today we will...

And then today is over, and tomorrow was too busy...

So...

Finally, I sat down with them and we colored for the first time.

I know...don't shoot me, they are already 16.5 months and haven't colored yet.

Oh well.

I am a little busy!



Claire LOVED it and had this determined look on her face the whole time. She even cried when I said "okay, all done." 



I forgot to take a photo of them all...whoops! I was enjoying the moment with my big girls!

She got the hang out it really quick and kept switching back and forth between each hand when I would give her new colors. I don't know which hand she will prefer.

Madelynn in Madelynn-fashion wanted to eat them and horde them all for herself. She had to hold as many as she could in each hand. Very typical.

Natalee didn't really want much to do with actual coloring, {it was her morning nap time} she only wanted smell them. She likes to smell things. Weird, I know.

Anyway, it was a good first start I think and I look forward to them filling up coloring books real quick! I love to color and spent many hours coloring as a little {and big} girl.

4 comments:

  1. Honestly, you didn't miss much by just now introducing them to coloring. I think this was around the age that Mason really cared anything about it. Before then, it was just a waste b/c he could have cared less.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am currently in the process of collecting the materials necessary to create you all a look muples family art caddy. Hopefully next week when we see you I will have it finished. I love having a project. Kiss the family for us. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so cute! I can't wait to have my own little kids to have art time with!

    ReplyDelete