I am pretty proud of myself today!
{For all you Mom's of singletons...I'm sure you will not quite get how proud of myself I am today. But that's okay. }
In fact, I think I should give myself a pat on the back.
Today, for the first time EVER...
I took all four little ladies out to the park for a play date!
I know this may not sound like a lot to most, but with 3 toddlers running in different directions and a 3 month old...this is HUGE for one person to handle! It is not at the least bit easy! In fact if you're are thinking, how hard could it be??? HA! You haven't a clue, my friend, you haven't a clue!!
But as I always say, we are determined to do things, take the girls places and let them experience things, even though we may do things a little different and it may take us longer...we will do it!
Our Infants and Toddlers Program sponsors Wednesday morning play dates at a local park and they have staff there to help out with everything. They bring snacks and lots of fun activities for all ages to enjoy!
And I will be honest, I wasn't completely alone when I got there but I didn't know anyone, so it wasn't like, "hey, come help me with all my kids!" But it worked out so well because one of our teachers came after we arrived and helped me out!
And I must say, it was TONS of fun!
The girls had a freakin' blast. Madelynn and Claire especially LOVED the bubbles and water toys!
Natalee had fun pushing around the stroller and eating the doughnuts!
They playground is great because it's for toddlers and it's completely handicap accessible, which is a super plus!
Also, they each enjoyed swinging and running around the mulch.
I brought my camera and video camera and didn't take one photo because I was running around with the girls and talking to other AWESOME Mommas!
Annnd.....
the best part...
I found another Mom of triplets who does it all on her own too!
It's like we are long lost friends!
Her and another mom get together for "mom nights" and have play dates all the time! Holla! They were like we have some "no-drama friends" and invited me to join in! Big smiles!
They even invited me over tomorrow for a picnic and water day with everyone!
Umm..heck yeah!
It's wonderful to have friends of all kinds. But mom's of multiples just get each other. We know. And when I saw, we know, I mean we know!
I can't help but smile. This is wonderful. Unless you have been where I have been, I can't expect you to understand just how hard it is for me on some days. Not to say I don't love it, but I do get a little jealous that I can't just run here or there with my one child.
Nope. Can't do that! The preparation it takes day in and day out is not for the weak. And I am not weak.
And I am proud of myself for it!
You don't know me, but I love reading your blog and your girls are darling! I am one of those moms with just one (so far) and even though I definitely don't "get" it I am still impressed that you were able to take them to the park all by yourself! Go you! I remember having small panick attacks the first few times I took my daughter to the grocery store (what if she cried?!) haha silly I know. So way to go that IS huge! Also that is so awesome that you were able to find friends that you connect with. Friends that can not only sympathize with you but know exactly where you are coming from are so important!
ReplyDeleteI know I don't have it as hard as you - no where near but... Can you write a post someday on how you get out places. I have 10 week old twins and a 21 month old. Dr visits are enough to stress me! I have to take the baby out of passenger seat and put carrier on front seat climb into suburban 3rd row and take out 21month old. Then get baby out of front and then go get baby on other side. I haven't used stroller in dr office too crowded. Just getting in and out of car crazy!
ReplyDeleteI also have people ask to help but when I need it they are never able and truly I feel like I should be able to do it. I'm starting to get better organized. Like I know if I don't prep dinner completely or have a casserole or a crockpot dinner going prior to 10 am I'm not going to have a dinner for my husband and 7 and 16 year olds.
Way to go! Multiples do add a whole other dimension, and chasing several around a park is not easy! So glad that you all had fun and that you met some new friends too!
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome!!! I hope to follow in those footsteps when the girls are older. How fun that you found a triplet playground too.:)
ReplyDeleteYou do deserve a pat on the back. I only have 15 month old twins and with two running in opposite directions at the park it is a feat. I can't imagine with 3 runners and then a little one too! It is always great to have mom friends too.
ReplyDeleteYou deserve a HUGE pat on the back!!! I finally remembered to add your blog to my blog roll {I hardly ever have time to use the reader} so now I will be reading every post! :) You are super mom!
ReplyDeleteYes, pat your self on the back and here is a pat from me too!! That is really remarkable! And that's really so great you found some moms of multiples to connect with as well!
ReplyDeleteGirl, you deserve WAY more than just a pat on the back! You deserve like a good back rub, ha! And you can tell your hubby I said that! Oh my gosh, I'm so glad you recently commented on my blog because I LOVE yours! You are a super hero in my eyes. I struggle with just ONE baby. Ha! You are my inspiration! Can't wait to keep reading along!
ReplyDeleteHey woman, I don't want you to feel like I am stalking you but I saw you were writing a blog and wanted to check it out. I tried to do it but I had a hard time being honest. I read yours and can't stop balling. No one can understand, they might have an idea but unless you live it every day. I said something like this one time to the person whom name I do not mention...lol and she tried to rip my head off saying her life was just as busy with one. I love my family with all my heart but it is very hard day. Everywhere you go, "wow you have your hands full." Thanks could you hold the door open while you stare instead of watching me struggle. I have always done all the shopping on my own with all 4 in tow, pushing a stroller and pulling a shopping cart and all the stupid comments and people stopping me. Sorry I am a mess, reading this and seeing you actually say it out loud to the world makes me feel like someone gets it. Anyhow, I am going forward to reading the whole story and see if I can pull myself back together. Its nap time and I better get my ass in gear or this day will be on a one way ticket to screamerville
ReplyDelete