This past week has been busy so I thought I would let you all in on it!
I was busy entering, tagging, sorting and packing items for our local Tot Swap. After a few hours of trying to print on my printer, I gave up and went to Office Depot to print all my tags and $2.52 later I was done! I just wish I hadn't put a new $26 ink in it! Err! Anyway, finally last night, I dropped everything off and had a sneak peak around. I must say, I wasn't too impressed with everything this time, even though it seems every time there is SO much more than the last, but some of the stuff can really be nasty. I look at stuff people are bringing in and I swear I wouldn't put it on my dog. I don't get why people think someone wants their nasty, stained and dirty things. There is not one thing I sell that I wouldn't buy myself. People price things WAY over than what it should be too, which irks me! There are so many rules and regulations to what can and cannot be sold, and obviously people can't read or half the stuff in the place wouldn't be there! But with all that said, I am excited to go and dig through to find some treasures for my littles. I am having a sweet friend come along who is pregnant with boy/girl twins, and hopefully we can find some good things she needs for good prices. Oh, and I hope I make a good amount of money on all my stuff selling...let's hope!
I'm a little sad that this is the first year since I was pregnant with the trips that I am not volunteering/selling/shopping at the Mom of Multiples Sale this Saturday! Boo! IT just isn't worth driving all the way to it two days in a row, and most likely I can find the stuff I am looking for at the Tot Swap which is less than two miles away. Still, I hate not participating and giving my time to support it.
Colorfest in Thurmont is this weekend, another reason I am not going to the Mom of Multiples sale Saturday am. We go to Colorfest very early and are done around lunchtime, so the Mom of Multiples sale just didn't fit this year.
Emily's two bottom teeth have finally popper through and I think she is finally starting to feel a little better, amen! I hate seeing her so unhappy, when she is always such a happy girl!
I keep thinking about things for the girl's 2nd Birthday and since I have been up all night, it hasn't been hard to think about things I want to start making.
We are making progress cleaning the one room left in our house that is a total mess. It's the throw-all room and it is housing everything that should most likely be in a garage. We have plans of making it an adorable playroom for our little ladies when they get a little older, and slowly it's starting to get uncluttered to possibly make that happen.
I keep thinking of something, but I can't share it. Right now all I can think about is the yummy food I will be eating on Saturday morning at Colorfest. Alone. With NO children tagging along. Adults only. Can I get an AMEN?! Shopping, in the fall crisp air while the sun beats down on my face and pumpkin spice latte...picking up cute little country things for my house that I don't need and most likely Tim will not understand why I just HAD to have it... YES PLEASE!
Oh and the girls have this random happiness of standing on top of things these days. The table, the couch, chairs...all in order to get things they can't and shouldn't have, even at other people's houses. They work together and manage to get the wipe container and then take out the hundreds of wipes and begin cleaning the house...I'm appreciative but they don't realize how expensive wipes are and how quickly we go through them.
They are obsessed with vacuuming and always love to help Daddy clean...I told you my husband is wonderful... The girls seriously would ride the thing if we let them.
Our girls are obsessed with the vacuum too...they get serious joy watching me vacuum! Maybe it's really them laughing at me for having to clean up after them again!:) Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteWow, went to the tot swap, you are correct, the stuffs were OK OK this year. A lot of ahem clothes and stained ones but I managed to snag some good ones and I think they might be yours as there were doubles of them (figured u kept one for Emily) :o)
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend!
Love your blog! I've been reading since you posted the link last spring on Totswap's Facebook page! I live in the Frederick area too and LOVE Summer's Farm! I have 4 kids so I REALLY get the crazy-ness of your life. Mine are 7, 4 and 3 year-old Boy/Girl twins. The twins were born when our middle son was jut 20 months old! I shop and consign at Totswap as well and I've had a huge problem finding anything decent since they started limiting what the amount each consignor can bring. 10 pairs of shoes! PLEASE! I think a lot of people have started selling their best stuff elsewhere and bringing their leftovers to Totswap (which is the opposite of their goal). I sold my best stuff on Ebay and made more for it and had lower fees. Anyway, just wanted to drop you a note since I've never commented before and Say "HI!" I also have a blog that you might like, where I test fun ideas for kids from Pinterest. There's lots of things your girls might like :-) It's www.craftsandactivitiesforcrazykids.blogspot.com
ReplyDelete