I barely got any sleep and finally at 8am I woke Tim up and said I couldn't take it anymore! We had to go wake the girl's up! We went into their room and sang Happy Birthday to them, and they were all looking at us, like "okay, what are you doing Momma and Dadda?!" I didn't care, I was so excited! I gave them all kisses and hugs (like most mornings) and told them all it was their FIRST birthday!!
Tim and I talked about how we cannot believe it has already been a YEAR! We always laugh about random things, like "geeze remember when we wished for the girls to hold their own bottles, and how much easier it would be then!" or "gosh, when they learn how to sit up...." We cannot believe we made it through a year with 3 BABIES!!!!!!
We changed their diapers, got them dressed in their birthday outfits and brought them downstairs to their birthday stuff!
Daddy made them pink sprinkle birthday pancakes (which we will make for them on EVERY birthday). While waiting for pancakes, I took some photos!
| Natalee ate ALL her pancake and then started grabbing Madelynn's from her tray and eating it! That girl eats ANYTHING! |
| Madelynn |
| Claire |
They played for a little bit while we got everything ready for our errands (yes, we still had some Christmas shopping to do and food to buy!).
We loaded the girls up in the car and headed to Wal-Mart and then to Costco. We met Nana and Grammy and Grandpa and finished up our last shopping. The girls were so good, of course because they LOVE shopping...and I have NO IDEA where they may have picked up that trait from! :)
We then headed to one of our very favorite family pizza places...Ilfornio! We have taken the girls there a few times and since we had Grammy and Grandpa with us, it was even better!
The girls enjoyed throwing food, toys and eating pizza! I didn't take any photos because I must have left the camera in the car! Preggo brain...sorry girls!
We made it home and the girls took a short nap. After nap, we opened presents, fed the girl's dinner and made dinner for all the adults!
| And all they want is the cat! |
| And the TV! |
They got some cute clothes and toys from Nana and hats and gloves from my parents! We got them Winnie-the-Poohs and My Little Ponies. (I got a Winnie-the-Pooh when I turned one and it has been my "lovie" ever since, (yes, I may be 26 in just a few days, but I still sleep with my Pooh and will to the day I die! Not ashamed here!! HAHA!) So, it went with tradition!
We had homemade crab cakes, green beans and twice baked potatoes! It was delicious! Here's the whole crew, minus Mommy!
After dinner we had cake and even though we had "smash cakes" made, we chose to just give them a piece instead of having a huge mess times 3! Such a great decision and they all LOVED their cake!!!
Here's some before photos:
| Madelynn being a chipmunk and not swallowing her green beans after like ten minutes! |
We gave each of them their cakes and sang Happy Birthday!
And of course when we let them dig in, Madelynn and Natalee were ALL about it! Oh my goodness, they could not get enough of it! It was so fun and so sweet! Claire, ate some icing but that was about it. As you'll see Madelynn licked every morsel up!
And then it was time to strip down and take a warm bathy! Of course the girl's favorite part of the day!
After baths we played, snuggled, hugged and kissed ore BIG ONE YEAR OLD'S and read them The Night You Were Born.
It was a wonderful First Birthday for the girls and hopefully when they look back at this, they will also think so!
Happy Birthday Madelynn, Claire and Natalee! Mommy and Daddy LOVE you so much!
I do have their ONE YEAR post coming too so stay tuned for that!
Sounds like a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a day fit for 3 princesses!
ReplyDeleteLooks like y'all had a GREAT day. I love the pictures of them with the cake, so funny. :)
ReplyDelete