Thursday, October 27, 2011

Our Very First Family Trip to the Pumpkin Patch!

On Saturday, October 15th the weather was crisp and cool and it was a perfect day to visit the pumpkin patch for the first time with the girls! We went to a fun place a few minutes from our house, and it was so fun!

Even though we call our Nana, "Nana", we wore our "Grandma's Pumpkin" shirts, because after all she still is our Grandma, no matter what we call her (and Nana shirts are hard to find, for some reason!)!

It was PACKED and let's just say, we became an exhibit very quickly, with again people asking if they could take photos of my children. Weird, but whatever. I totally love talking to people and answering questions, but having random people just come up and say, "can I take a picture of your kids?", well that's just WEIRD! I didn't like that and as much as I wanted to be there, I suddenly knew we needed to leave as soon as we could. There were seriously a thousand people around, but I still wanted to enjoy the time because I was so looking forward to making this memory with my little girls at the pumpkin patch fir the first time!

Here we are getting out of the car, I never seem to be in the photos, so this is the best we got with the wind blowing:



Of course Claire had her tongue out the whole time since the wind was blowing!! Such a ham!




After getting a little overwhelmed, we managed to find a little spot to take some photos of the girls without being a main attraction...but of course trying to get them all to sit still and look at the camera, is, well, impossible at this point!








We then went to try to explore around the farm a little and look at all the animals (even though we have been there a million and one times, we had never been with the girls).














And just for fun...



To be honest, they didn't have any small pumpkins and the lines were out of control so we got carmel apples and left to go to another place and get pumpkins, cider and apples and I am so glad we did. We got such better deals on apples and lots of pumpkins to choose from which were perfect for the girls since they were much smaller.

Fall photos to come!

5 comments:

  1. So cute! I love that Claire had her tongue out the entire time. Glad you were able to find the perfect pumpkins for the girls. And their shirts are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute! I don't know why people think they can take pictures of strangers' babies.... we get people sneaking pictures of our son on their cell phones... which is still totally obvious! The girls are way too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ADORABLE! Your girls are gorgeous and I love reading about them! Looks like fun had by all at the pumpkin patch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clair is SO funny with her tongue!! :) The girls all look so cute and festive :)

    It's so weird that people what to take pictures of the girls, I mean they are to adorable for words but what are strangers going to do with the pictures? I think I'd have to tell them NO! Weirdos...

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so cute! I have a present on my blog for you!

    ReplyDelete