Sorry this is late. I can barely keep it together these past few days. Many things have changed. I still have a lot of updates to give, but I just wanted to get this post done, since it's two days late and I don't like being late for anything!
How Far Along: 27 Weeks!!
How Big are the Babies: The girls are the size of eggplants (about 13.6 to 14.8 inches and 1.5 to 2.2 lbs.). (This will also stay the same until Week 29!) Let your spouse put an ear to your belly -- he might be able to pick up baby's heartbeat (no stethoscope required). Inside the womb, the formation of tiny capillaries is giving the babies a healthy pink glow. The babies are also soaking up your antibodies, getting the immune system ready for life outside the womb. Eyes are forming, and each baby will soon perfect the blink -- perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes (thebump.com).
How Big am I Measuring: 39 weeks, measuring around 42 inches.
Weight Gain: Starting weight 126 lbs., currently 158 lbs.
Symptoms: THIRSTY, lower back pain, headaches, my eyes hurt, stretching in my tummy, heartburn, contractions (all day long, everyday), sore hand joints, not being able to move or get up.
Emotions: Everything you can imagine. Lots of tears this week, anger, frustration...followed by guilt, loneliness, trying to keep it all together. Just everything.
Best Moment of the Week: Even all that I am going through, knowing the girls are doing good and are perfectly on track, gives me some comfort. Also, getting the steroid shots for the girl's lung maturity made me feel better knowing they will be better off with it, if they do end up coming early.
Movement: All day, everyday. They dance like crazy. My belly makes the weirdest shapes, especially when the contractions are strong. I love feeling them move though, and everyone loves watching it.
Maternity Clothes: Yes, although I wear the same things everyday now, a sports bra, a tank top and panties. Even if I go out, I just put on a sweatshirt, my soft maternity pants and uggs...LOVELY, I know! Why get dressed to just lay in bed all day though!?
Stretchmarks: None, amen! (except those on my chest, but they are few and light)
Sleep: Some nights are great, some are horrible. It's weird.
Food Cravings: Bread and butter, apples and caramel, cereal, and WATER! Man, I have been so thirsty lately.
Genders: Three little princesses!
What I Miss: Feeling comfortable, wine and good sleep.
What I am Looking Forward to: Making it another week, and as long as I can. Day by day at this point.
And here are the photos of the week. My face is swollen and red, it has been a bad few days, so I was not going to straighten my hair and put make-up on for a photo.
No comments:
Post a Comment