Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Family Day in WV at the Cabin!

On Saturday we headed up to our family cabin in WVA! It's really nice living about 40 minutes closer than we used to, and now door to door is only 1 hr! I still can't believe that it has been TWO years since I have been up there...which was also the time that we announced that we were 10 weeks pregnant with Emily! Wow, have things changed since then! As a joke, right after we said grace for dinner, I said, "oh, and we have an announcement...." (this is exactly what I said when we announced our pregnancy with Emily!) I paused for just a second and then quickly said, "we WON'T be having anymore children!!!" My mom and dad both almost spit their food out! Haha!

We try to all get together once during the summer to celebrate my Grandma's birthday (July 29th) and it just so happens that my sister's birthday is July 26th and my dad's birthday is August 3rd. My Grandma is a beautiful 88 years old today! She is such an important and strong woman in my life. She's been there for the littlest things all the way to my biggest milestones and next to my parents, was definitely the most influential person in my life. My grandma worked with my mom for most of my life, so I grew up seeing her every single day until I was in middle school.


We brought the girl's pool with us but even though it was so humid, it wasn't very hot so we had to find other things to keep them entertained.

Playing on the deck when it wasn't raining....looking for deer, bunnies, squirrels...





...taking naps on the porch....



...."helping" unload the dishwasher...



...going for "nature walks" with Aunt Tina and Uncle John, Mommy and Daddy...picking flowers...











....of course lots of eating....(Maddy's face cracks me up..this is what I got when I said, "say cheese!")





...enjoying family...



....My Dad and my Aunt (his sister)...corn, local tomatoes with motz and fresh basil, cole slaw, potato salad, 14lbs of shrimp and 30 crab cakes make for an awesome dinner!!








And like it or not...lots of photos!

Note: Natalee, you refused your hair bow in your hair and that's why you don't have one. (Just so you know when you're 15 asking why I don't have one in your hair! And yes, your hair is always in your face, but I am NOT cutting bangs on you EVER!!!!)


All and all it was a fun (and very long) day celebrating birthdays and families!

2 comments:

  1. I am from W.Va. and your photos remind me of being back in my home state.I love it there.Your pics of your family are wonderful.Looks like a great time was had by all.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so cute!! I love all the matching outfits! Mine won't wear bows or barrettes so I always have their hair in ponytails bc I refuse to cut it too! Haha! The Hubby always says we need to cut but no way....so I taught him how to do a ponytail, problem solved:) gotta love having girls!!

    ReplyDelete