Why can't a pregnant woman register for things like a gift-card for a massage, a hair-cut, a pedicure/manicure, a spa day, a free lunch or dinner out...seems perfectly clear to me!
I know it's suppose to be all about the baby (or babies in my case), but let's not forget about the mommas here! I mean, she's the one carrying the baby/babies and I think moms deserve a little bit more than some nipple cream or no-leakage boob pads!
I know from now on, I will be getting mommas-to-be something for themselves because I think that's just nice and thoughtful! I know I can only get so excited over a diaper genie but a gift-card to get my hair-cut or a pedicure, now that would get me out of my seat...well maybe not completely out of my seat with as big as I am, but I would sure wave my arms...LOL!!!!
At least with having your hair done before the new arrival is born and cute toes to stare at, putting on nipple cream won't make ya feel so bad!
I just think this is a good idea and I will be keeping it in mind for all the baby showers I go to in the future!
i do the same thing! i dont like to buy the baby stuff because half of it you use once and discover you don't like it (i was like that with the diaper genie) and then the clothing is used usually once or twice lol. so i always buy the baby a momento and then try to get the momma a gift basket with her favorite wine or alcohol, some yummy indulgent goodie and then a gift card for herself. it really is THE perfect gift for a momma to be!!
ReplyDelete