On Saturday, June 14, 2014, we took the big girls to their very first Frederick Keys game! Let me just say first, I am so proud of how my girls behaved and listened. For a looooong baseball game, which at times can be extremely boring for a grown adult, my three three-year-olds and two-year-old made it through the entire 9 innings and fireworks. I love baseball, but I also find it boring and long. Also, with Madelynn and Claire potty-trained now, I was worried I would spend half of the game in the bathroom and although I did have to make many trips with them, they did great and had no accidents! Amen!
A few months ago while on the Keys website, I discovered that they have a free Kid Klub program for kids 12 and under. The benefits are awesome. You pay for the first game ($7 per kid) and then you get three free games per child. Each child gets a free hot-dog and drink, a t-shirt, a free ride on the carousel and numerous other benefits located in ad out of the park. You can't beat it. So I signed all the big girls up! We picked up our Kids Klub packet and off we went!
When we got there we rode the carousel and got the girls their free hot-dogs and drinks before finding our seats. You really can't have a bad seat in the stadium since it's not very big; only holding 5400 people.
After the girls ate their hot-dogs, I kept them entertained with popcorn, chili-cheese fries, lemonade and the promise of fireworks and ice-cream! Anytime a meltdown almost occurred, I reminded them of the fun day we were having and the treats to come! After the game was done, (about 8:45pm) and the Keys WON (5-1) against Myrtle Beach, all the kids are invited to run the bases. It was unbelievable just how many kids were there! Good gracious. We didn't let the girls do it this time but next time we will for sure. After that, the fireworks started and surprisingly the girls loved them too. They showed no ounce of being scared at all. Phew! I was surprised at how good the fireworks were and how long they lasted. They do fireworks for pretty much every Friday and Saturday night games, so I thought they would be a little cheap, but nope, they went on for a good 15 minutes and I was impressed at the quality!
After the game we went and picked Anna up at Tammy's house and got the girls ice cream! Boy was it a late night, but they were not going to let us forget that we had said they could have ice cream for good behavior! (They don't forget much these days!)
We didn't all get to bed until almost midnight (after baths!) but Tim and I both agreed that it was such a fun night with our family and we can't wait to do it again!
No comments:
Post a Comment