Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Guest Post #3


Please welcome Lynsey!!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone!

I am so thrilled to be a part of Holly’'s guest bloggers! Thank you Holly for the opportunity to guest post on your blog!

A little about me... I'm Lynsey. The mom of The Moore Family. I have a 23 month old son, Mason and a 2 month old daughter, Caroline. We also have two dogs, Deacon and O'Malley.  They are crazy. They are nuts. But they certainly keep us entertained.  

I'm a former Healthcare Administration worker turned stay at home mom. The husband, Brian, and I met at work. We dated, got engaged, got married on a beautiful October day, had Mason and then 21 months later, welcomed Caroline into our lives.

One thing I can say about our family is we stay busy. We didn’t stop living our lives when the kids came along, we simply added them to the mix. If you know me, you know I love to travel. My parents have a beach house that is about five hours from our home. When Caroline was about a month old, I loaded up the kids along with my mom and headed to the beach. Unfortunately Brian was unable to join us due to work but that didn’t stop me. Traveling with kids can be a nightmare BUT it doesn’t have to be with proper preparation.

One thing I do is always pack a “car activity bag” for the kids. For Mason this includes cars/trucks, books, coloring pad with crayons and a toy or two. Once Caroline is old enough, I’ll pack a bag for her too! This activity bags help keep the kids entertain while strapped into their car seats on the long drives.

Along with the activity bag, I pack a snack bag. Just a few healthy snacks that Mason can munch on in the car. Anything from fruit pouches to goldfish to cut up fruits/veggies in single serving containers. Along with snacks, I always have water on hand in a no-spill sippy cup. Having the snacks and water help to limit our stops on the drive.

Mason is nothing if not a boy of routine. His nighttime routine has been the same since he was about 6 months old. Bath, Books, Milk, Prayers, Bed. Always in that order. When we travel and he isn’t on his routine, it can be a challenge but we have found that if we can keep it as similar as possible then things are okay. We always bring his nighttime books, his blanket and sleep sheep. It’s never easy when you are away from home but if you can keep it as similar as possible then it won’t be as bad as you think.

So in short, my advice would be to be prepared, be patient, expect some bumps in the road but above all, have fun and enjoy traveling and making memories with your kids and family.

Thanks again to Holly for letting me guest post in her wonderful blog. Be sure to stop by The Moore Family and say hi! 


Thanks so much Lynsey!

1 comment: