A few weeks ago we got our family photos done by the talented Natalie Michelle! She did a fantastic job with our crazy bunch. I did so much planning. Read Pinterest obsessed. Checking all our closets a hundred times for the perfect outfits for all seven of us. Checking numerous stores, numerous times, to make the "pinterest perfect photo". Ha. I had treat bags for the girls if they behaved. Coached them on smiling nicely and acting like little ladies. Stuffed my pockets with M&M's for quick bribery. What was I thinking? We were a hot mess.
Let's just keep it real for a minute for y'all with one or two kids who can get those perfect family photos each year. Lucky you. Lucky, lucky you.
It was so much fun. It was pure hell. Honestly, pure hell. The girls were all over the place, not listening, running a muck. Anna's shoes kept falling off five hundred times (please don't judge that she is barefoot in some of the photos). Anna kept pulling her hair bow off. The girls only wanted to see the horses or run away. My mom kept yelling at me that the girls were cold, freezing, tired, not feeling well, this list goes on and on as to why I suck at motherhood....it was hell. The wind was blowing. I was ready to cry. I try to do it all perfect and yet, it all comes back to bite me in the butt. Hard. And no one lets me live it down. Ever.
Oh and the fact that I wanted two different outfits...Good Lord, you would have thought I asked for a million dollars. How dare I want to change clothes on five kids when it is 60 degrees outside. That's surely going to give them Ebola. ;)
Tim kept telling me, "that's it, we're done" and I'm like wide-eyed screaming, "NO, we are NOT done!!!!!!!" We need that perfect photo.
And the kicker....we got in the car and Tim looks at me and says, "well that went pretty well considering we have five kids." Really? Really? You think that went good? Are you nuts?
And then I get some of the photos a few days later and am simply amazed. Natalie really did pull it off! She got really great photos considering my crazy, screaming little princesses.
So here they are...
 |
| Love this! |
 |
| Love this! |
 |
| Love Love Love this! |
 |
| Love Love Love this! |
 |
| Poor Anna is dying because she's barefoot. How dare I?!?!? |
 |
| Love this! |
 |
| Love this! |
Individuals:
 |
| Love this of my sweet Natalee! |
 |
| Our Madelynn |
 |
| Claire |
 |
| Anna-Kate |
 |
| Emily June |
 |
| The triplets! Almost FOUR!!!! |
With my mom, dad and sister:
And with Tammy:
 |
| Love this! |
And just to confirm, no children were hurt in the capuring of these photos. :) Okay, mom.
These pictures are amazing!
ReplyDeleteThose pictures are beautiful! I always feel that way about family photo sessions with my kids- soooo stressful! And I only have triplets so I can only imagine with two more! But then I get the photos back and my faith is restored and it was all totally worth it!
ReplyDeleteawesome. perfect family pictures,
ReplyDeleteYour photos are fantastic! I had to laugh (in a good way) at your description. I run an early childhood program with five little ones. Several times a year we venture to get that "perfect photo" for special occasions for their parents. It's always a crazy day, but somehow we get at
ReplyDeleteleast one great shot. I adore your blog..you are amazing with all those little ones!
Gorgeous pictures!! We've yet to get a good one of all six of us....
ReplyDeleteOne of the comments we hear most is some variation of "Boy you have your hands full!" I always answer with, "Yes! In all the best ways."
Can't wait more for news about your family
ReplyDeleteI have seen that every person wants to express their feelings but they are not able to express their feelings properly in words but the content you have written in your post is very beautiful, it seems that you have expressed your feelings Has expressed. Hi, you are a person who writes a very beautiful post, in the same way, you keep writing new posts in your life, our best wishes are with you. Real Photos Girl Gurugram
ReplyDeleteGurugram Girl Number
Cheap price girls gurgaon
Naughty Girl Gurgaon
VIP Girl Gurugram
premium Girl Gurgaon
premium health